Have I mentioned how much I love football season? I love college football! OK, now you all know. What do I love most about it? Well, the pageantry, the upsets, the shocking wins, the close games, the blowouts, and of course, the tailgating. Since I am an alum of one of the greatest tailgating schools EVER (so humble, I know), I’ve got a long list of tailgating recipes I’ve accumulated over the years. I’m also a total snacker. Hmm..maybe this is why I will never be a size 2. Oh well. Life is short and really, the magic number 8 is fine with me.
So, as I sit here typing, watching the Gators take on the Aggies (welcome to the SEC, Aggies), I’m also enjoying a classic dip recipe. Life has been too busy lately and I just haven’t had the time to blog much. However, enjoying this addictive dip inspired me! I want to share some of my favorite go-to dip recipes that are always crowd pleasers. Disclaimer: eating these all football season will be pure bliss, but don’t give up the gym!
Buffalo Chicken Dip (aka “crack” dip)
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup Ranch dressing or Blue Cheese dressing, if you’re feeling really indulgent
- 3/4 cup pepper sauce (such as Frank’s Red Hot®)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350. Heat chicken and hot sauce in a skillet over medium heat, until heated through. Stir in cream cheese and ranch dressing. Cook, stirring until well blended and warm. Mix in half of the shredded cheese, and transfer the mixture to a slow cooker. Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top and bake until the cheese is melted and the dip starts to bubble. Serve with celery sticks and your favorite crackers or tortilla chips. It’s delish…enjoy!
Cobb Salad Dip (aka “I just can’t stop” dip)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese (about 2 ounces)
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 medium avocado, finely chopped (about 1 1/3 cups, cut just before serving)
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 4 slices bacon, well-browned and crumbled
- 4 tbs. green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 – 8 oz. packs cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- *Crumbled bacon bits (cook 15-16 strips of bacon, drain & crumble)
- 1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers
Mix together green onions, mayonnaise, cream cheese and swiss cheese and spread into casserole dish.
In a separate bowl, stir together:
*Crumbled bacon bits (cook 15-16 strips of bacon, drain & crumble)
1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers
Spread the bacon / cracker mixture on top of the cheese mixture.
Bake in 350 degree oven for 25-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Hint: Ready-to-serve bacon makes this process much quicker and it tastes just as good.
Serve with your favorite crackers or veggies.
There are MANY more where these came from, but these are a few of the most addictive I wanted to share with you all today.
I’ve got to run…I’ve got dip to devour! Have a great weekend, y’all!